Join the team of experts responsible to build a new way to produce, transform and display data!
This is a hybrid role, flexible 2x office 3x home per week.
As a Big Data Engineer, you will work for our client – a leading bank in Leasing & Factoring solutions. You will be responsible for building new solutions for data collection, processing and transformation. Additionally, you will be a key team member handling all production releases, solving complex issues and ensuring day-to-day business continuity.
Your main responsibilities: Collect and interpret data from a variety of tools and systems. Define data gathering techniques, clean / prepare data sets, and manage meta-data.
- Analyze functional requirements requested within the internal tooling
- Accurately estimate development effort for proper team/project management.
- Build data pipelines for ingestion, transformation and logging using Apache Sqoop, Hive, Hue, Hdfs
- Demo all developments to key stakeholders/PPOs
- Prepare installation packages across different environments (GIT, Jenkins and Nexus)
- Production support and follow-up with keeping track of main jobs daily.
- Managing, analysing and solving production issues.
- Monitoring of Unix logs
- Be able to multitask between development work and production support
You’re ideal for the role if you have:
- 2+ years of experience providing data analytics solutions in the technology space
- Extensive experience with the following languages Spark, SQL, Python and PySpark.
- Proficient with Big Data frameworks such as HDFS, Yarn, SQOOP, Hive or Hbase
- Strong understanding of data science concepts and expertise in data analysis and visualization
- Experience working with large and complex data sets, data lakes, ETLs and analytics tools
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytical skills demonstrating Data Analysis, Business Intelligence and Data Visualization technologies
- Hardworking, detail and result oriented with proficient communication skills to interact and demo ideas to partners and management as a professional service provider across multiple regions
- Self-starter and proactive mindset to solving problems; an open mind and eagerness to learn new concepts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Engineering, Statistics, Applied Math, Economics, or any other related field
- English and French knowledge (B1/B2)
#GETREADY to meet with us!
We would like to meet you. If you are interested please apply and attach your CV in English or Portuguese, including a statement that you agree to our processing and storing of your personal data. You can always also apply by sending us an email at HR@itdsportugal.com.