Unleash your potential in a dynamic banking innovation environment.
This is a Porto-based hybrid opportunity – 3x from home per week
As an Application System Engineer, you will be working for our client – a leader in the financial industry, exemplifying innovation, agility, and unwavering commitment to its clients. You will be responsible for developing technical and functional knowledge and handling support for the assigned applications, being proactive towards incident management and identifying effective solutions to recurrent incidents, continuously improve and automating procedures, keeping documentation up to date, and to keep up with the dev team with regular follow-ups.
Your main responsibilities: be an app master
- Effectively manage and solve production incidents
- Follow-up and coordinate changes and technical operations
- Participate in change management
- Keep documentation up to date
- Monitor applications and infrastructure in an effective way
- Control load capacity for the applications
- Contribute consistently to the continuous automation and improvement of existing procedures
- Work closely with the development teams on defining the architecture of new applications, according to the infrastructure standards
You’re ideal for the role if you have:
- 2+ years of experience in similar roles
- Good knowledge of both Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with BMC/Control-M
- Good knowledge of scripting languages like Shell, Python, PowerShell
- Experience with JBoss, TomCat, Apache, or IIS
- Experience with databases like Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, MySQL
- Experience with Infrastructure back-ups
- Experience with monitoring tools, ideally Zabbix or Grafana
- Knowledge of LDAP, Firewall, Reverse proxy, Active Directory, and Kerberos
- Good networking knowledge
- Good level of English – minimum B2 (mandatory)
- University degree in Computer Science or a related field
#GETREADY to meet with us!
We would like to meet you. If you are interested please apply and attach your CV in English or Portuguese, including a statement that you agree to our processing and storing of your personal data. You can always also apply by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal Number – #3852