Join an ambitious team focused on developing data warehouses for Factoring Business!
As a Postgres Developer, you will be assigned to our client – one of the most recognizable Investment banks in the world. You will participate in strategic Credit Risk Reporting projects aimed to migrate from Oracle to Postgres platforms that measure and manage banks’ direct and indirect exposures across the investment and private banking business sectors. The risks calculated by the bank’s systems are used in regulatory reporting, reporting to senior business and risk management as well as front office business leads.
Your main responsibilities: Participate in the migration from Oracle to Postgres Databases
- Under the guidance of the Development Manager, work with Project Managers, Business Analysts and external IT and business teams throughout the full project lifecycle
- Use existing frameworks to support rapid delivery and help improve and evolve those frameworks to better face future challenges and opportunities
- Analyse, design and build the migration process from Oracle to Postgres database
- Build out new functionality and implement change requests
- Design and execute test cases using test automation tools
- Analyze and resolve testing defects
- Utilize standards, architecture, and processes to ensure that all code and development practices conform to company and industry best practices
- Participate in peer code-reviews
- Provide third-level support for production systems
As an ideal Candidate you have:
- At least 4 years of experience as a Postgres Developer
- Advanced expertise in Postgres, Oracle (SQL and PL/SQL), including Data Warehousing and Performance.
- Experience in Data Modelling (logical and physical)
- Experience with all phases of the systems development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and written/verbal communication skills
- Competency in Java and/or Python is highly desirable
- Fluent English
- French at least B1 Level
Additionally, it is appreciated if you have:
- Proven track record in the delivery of complex IT development projects in financial institutions with a globally distributed team
- Experience with automated deployment tools, such as Liquibase
- Experience with automated testing frameworks
- Experience of GIT
- French capacity
#GETREADY to meet with us!
We would like to meet you. If you are interested please apply and attach your CV in English, including a statement that you agree to our processing and storing of your personal data. You can always also apply by sending us an email at HR@itdsportugal.pt.
Internal number #2809
Largo do Duque de Cadaval 17 Fracção I