Join the team of experts responsible to build the new way to rate banking corporate clients!
As a Big Data Engineer, you will join the team, which transforms rating systems for banking platforms. The team’s goal is to build a new platform to manage banking corporate client ratings in one of the biggest international banks
Your main responsibilities: Collect and interpret data from a variety of tools and systems. Define data gathering techniques, clean / prepare data sets, and manage meta-data.
- Collaborate with our firm-wide partners to understand available data and leverage it for our reporting needs; transform (clean, massage, structure, aggregate) available data as necessary for processing/analysis
- Validate and analyse results, discover patterns, and devise efficient ways of reporting it back to stakeholders
- Deliver technical changes and define new data collection and analysis processes to enhance reporting capabilities over time
- Use programming skills to develop, customize and manage the integration of multiple data sources, data sets, and dashboards
- Apply your intellect to solve problems around gaps in reporting processes and making data work for stakeholder needs and requirements
- Conduct the conversion of data into insights that will lead to proactive problem identification and solving
You’re ideal for the role if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Engineering, Statistics, Applied Math, Economics, or any other related field
- 2+ years of experience providing data analytics solutions in the technology space
- Extensive experience with BI and data visualization tools, such as Spark, Tableau, Grafana, Qlik, PowerBI and other BigData architectures and Data Science tools such as Cloudera, Splunk, HBASE, Impala, R, Python, D3 etc.
- Strong understanding of data science concepts and expertise in data analysis and visualization
- Experience working with large and complex data sets, data lakes, ETLs and analytics tools
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytical skills demonstrating Data Analysis, Business Intelligence and Data Visualization technologies
- Hardworking, detail and result oriented with proficient communication skills to interact and demo ideas to partners and management as a professional service provider across multiple regions
- Self-starter and proactive mindset to solving problems; an open mind and eagerness to learn new concepts
- French skills ( Min B1/B2)
It is a strong plus if you have:
- Experience working with Spark
- Working knowledge of IT Infrastructure fundamentals (Compute architecture, Databases, Web and Application Communications, Storage subsystems, Networks)
- Proficiency in SQL and
- Prior software engineering/data engineering background is a plus
- Prior experience working in the technology space at a global bank is a plus
We would like to meet you. If you are interested please apply and attach your CV in English including a statement that you agree to our processing and storing of your personal data. You can always also apply by sending us an email at HR@itdsportugal.com.
Internal number #2406
Largo do Duque de Cadaval 17 Fracção I